To all our valued patrons,
Apologies to everyone for the delayed response, as things are changing daily with the COVID-19 situation and I did not want to put out some hollow statement that lacked relevant information. I assure you that the safety of every player, staff member, and all of your families is paramount to us with each decision made. Sugar Isle Golf Course will follow all CDC recommended sanitizing steps and are planning for temporary course adjustments like restricting access to cups and flagsticks if needed. As of now here is where we stand:
1) Effective immediately all course facilities will be closed to the public until April 7, 2020 in respect to the Stay At Home Order of the Ohio Department of Health. In that time we plan to accomplish several tasks that would normally disrupt golfers like greens aerification, tree removal, and improvements to our cart tunnel under State Route 235 to be sure we are ready for your return. We remain dedicated to having a great golf season here at Sugar Isle this year and will continue to prioritize the safety of customers above all.
2) Golf leagues will be postponed until the week of 4/13/20. We will also extend registration until 4/10/20. Please contact the Pro Shop if you are interested in information about league play.
3) The league fee for a missed week will be waived until at least June 1, 2020. If anyone feels unwell we ask that they please stay home and follow the guidelines the CDC has recommended.
4) We will not require any league to extended their existing season schedule. The availability to do so will be there but that decision will be left to each league respectively.
5) With tournament season not scheduled to begin until May we feel it is premature to make any decisions yet regarding events as fluid as this situation is. We will continue with everything as is for now but will be prepared for any necessary social distancing adjustments if that is still needed. If we are required to reschedule or reformat any outings then I will be in contact with each tournament chairperson individually.
Before we commence play for the season I will put out a list of any course adjustments and procedure changes that are called for. We are proud to serve Ohio however we are asked to ensure the well-being of not just our golfers, but every citizen. I look forward to seeing all of you soon for green grass, fresh air, and open spaces.
Sugar Isle Golf Country